Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Scores For The Week

As the weather gets colder and more windy, it always reminds me of one thing- flea market season is coming to an end!
It always makes me sad every year...I have to suffer through the next 4 or 5 months, with NO flea markets- talk about a bummer!
But I will still go to thrift stores, and antique malls. It's not the same, but it's how I get my fix!

So this week I found two awesome things, that will not be going in my Etsy shop.
These babies are so awesome, they are all mine:)

The first one I found at the tiniest little antique shop, I am kicking myself for not taking pictures of this place- but I promise that the next time I go I will.
Its about the size of a shed, no lie. But it is filled with just the right amount of everything vintage and antique.
Some furniture, metal baskets, metal numbers, old doorknobs and pulls, framed artwork.
Every time I took a step, I found myself going " oh my gosh " .
The place is called Little Shop Of Hoarders, and I found out about it on Craigslist.
It was only her 3rd day of being open when I went in, and I know she will be successful.

Without further ado, I give you, the most awesome thing I have found in AWHILE :


Now I am not an animal print person at all, in fact Im pretty sure its the only animal print thing I own- other than a belt and some flats.

But this ottoman is so cool, from the 1940s or 1950s.
It is in immaculate shape, so soft- but not real fur, I would NEVER buy real fur.
Its meant to go in a ladies dressing room/closet...but wait til you see what's inside when you open it up!




Are you dying?
Because I was!
It's green!!
And those little pockets on the side, are all around it, and they are meant to hold shoes!
Right now it's a little sad, just sitting in my dining room holding all of my scrapbooks- I have to find the perfect place for it.
I got this amazing piece for $50!! I have never seen one like it, and I would bet than I never will again.

Next score of the week...I have been searching for one of these for about a year now.
I first saw it on a Martha Stewart Christmas Special that she shot at her home.
She made the most amazing egg nog recipe...REAL egg nog, and of course served it out of the most glorious silver punch bowl you will ever see that could fit probably my entire body in it.

So I searched, and I searched- Ebay, Etsy, Craigslist....is no one selling one of these things?
There were glass bowls, and green bowls, and gold bowls-  but I wanted silver!
I even looked at department stores, and Home Goods and they didnt even carry them!
So I was browsing around this used furniture store by my house called Another Man's Treasure, it is in Palm, PA.
And low and behold....angels started singing! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
A large silver punch bowl, with tray & ladel! 
Oh my gosh, how much is it? 
I look at the sticker - $25...and she gave it to me for $20, I didnt even have to ask!



The pictures do not do it justice, but I am in love!
I can't wait to use it for all of my special guests on Christmas Eve.
It may not have Martha's awesome egg nog in it, but whatever it holds- at least it will be pretty!

Happy Hunting!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment