Monday, November 7, 2011

Baby Dill Nursery

          It all started in March of this year, when I found out I was pregnant! So many things rushed through my mind, but the main question- What is the nursery going to look like? We knew we didn't want to find out the sex. There are so few surprises in life, how much fun would it be to spend the next 9 months wondering and guessing about what this baby would be! So it had to be gender neutral, and thus I began my mad Flickr search for nursery ideas!  I came across a picture of a living room, with wild stripes everywhere- and I knew I had to do it to the nursery.

                              So goodbye, boring beige walls that I lived with for 5 years.....hello bold!
Before
Taping off the stripes...this part was fun!

Tape over the stripes with the color you want the room to be
Remove the tape, and you will have a totally different looking room just by using paint and tape!

Paint & Supplies - $50
Crib - Craigslist - $20
The " bear skin " rug - Goodwill in Brunswick, OH for $3
The jungle themed embroidery - Black Rose Antique Mall in Allentown, PA - $10
Crib Mattress - Mommy Market - $20
Crib Sheet - Mommy Market - $2
Bumper - Care N Share in Souderton, Pa - $3
Red & White Heart Pillow - Care N Share Souderton, Pa - 99 cents
Boppy Pillow & cover - Garage Sale - $5
Panda Bear - Impact Thrift Store in Montgomeryville, Pa - $9
Curtains were already in the room - FREE
Wooden Chair - My grandfather made that for me when I was a child, thanks to my mom for holding onto it for the last 25 years or so:)


I love the built in bookcase in this room, so it was easy to dress it up!
Books, I stuck with the classics and didnt pay more than $1 a piece at flea markets for them
Total Cost of Books : $15
The alphabet banner I made from supplies I got from PrettyLittleStudio on Etsy - Price $2.99 *
The vintage large flash cards are also from PrettyLittleStudio -Price $19.99 *
* I actually traded some items from my Etsy shop with this seller, so the cost to me was a lot less
My hubby Mike won the Kermit the Frog for me at a carnival when we first started dating, and I have been hanging onto it for years for our baby

 I am a big fan of wooden toys, and I know when my baby gets a little bit older I will be buying some toys from this Etsy shop : ImaginationKids


The dresser we had been using as a buffet in our dining room for the last 3 years, and I thought it would make the perfect dresser for the nursery! The original color was dark blue, so we painted it Kentucky Lush Fields Green and spray painted the handles white- voila - $25 in supplies and you have a whole new look!
Dont mind the sad looking handle, that guy just needs another screw which we somehow lost along the way.

Hamper - Leesport Flea Market in Leesport, Pa - $2
Vintage Plug In Globe Lamp - Highway 127 Sale in Tennessee - $15
Mirror - Garage Sale along Hwy 127 Sale in Tennessee - $3
Lion Oil Painting - Columbus Farmers Market in Columbus, NJ - $8


I am in love with my glider! I hated it at first, so boring...but I knew some new fabric would make a world of difference! So i just tucked this thick fleece fabric in all the way around the chair, and it is on there nice and snug and now its pretty to look at!

Glider - Auction - $5
Fabric for Glider - Joann's - $12/yard
Toy Chest - This was actually a chest that we were using to store blankets, so with a can of spray paint- it was turned into a toy box! Total project cost: $3.39
London Highway Sign - Hartville Marketplace & Flea Market in Ohio - $20

And no...the baby's name is not London. Im not a fan of putting the baby's name on the wall, I feel like there are so many more interesting things you can do!

So there it is...the completed nursery!
Total Cost : $231.38
Not too shabby if I do say so myself:)

I hope you will share, comment, and subscribe...lots of more posts to come about flea markets, interior design, and craft ideas!

8 comments:

  1. Stacy,
    You ROCK! I am so crushing on your grey walls with the funky lines. I love that you broke the pink/brown or blue/brown nursery rut and did something so original and freakin' awesome. Well done, girl. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look so great, Stacy! Awesome work, and super original!
    Best of luck with your blogging adventures! Welcome to the club, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing!! Love the dresser too! Cant wait to see what you are going to do next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!!! Love the walls- what an awesome idea! Can't wait to see more of what you have in store :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Stacy! Thanks for sending me your link - I look forward to following along and seeing what you come up with next!

    Love,
    Melissa

    www.dearbabyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. Personality personality personality! You walls talk!
    Great combination of vintage items!
    Good luck on your blogging adventure, and let me know if you need anything at all!

    Have a great week!

    <3xojo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saying hi! Looks like your blog is going to be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very awesome! I love what you did with the wall and I love the colors. The grey looks awesome with that turquoise. Amazing! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete